Tuesday, June 11, 2013

You train what?!?!

Paragon Martial Arts will be hosting it's very first Women's BJJ 'PowWow' July 27, 2013. I am so excited about this opportunity and the doors it will open for our women's program, our gym and women in BJJ as a whole!

I can't begin to tell you how much I've tried to get the word out to women in my community about physical fitness and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I do understand (not really, lol!) that this art, sport or hobby, whatever you may consider it, isn't for everyone HOWEVER physical fitness is! I am so thankful for BJJ being introduced to me. It has opened up so many doors, built great friendships and has gotten me in the BEST shape of my life. Let me explain exactly what BJJ is for those who may not be familiar with what I LOVE to do. Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is: is a martial art, combat sport, and a self defense system that focuses on grappling and especially ground fighting.

BJJ promotes the concept that a smaller, weaker person can successfully defend against a bigger, stronger assailant by using leverage and proper technique, taking the fight to the ground – most notably by applying joint-locks and chokeholds to defeat the other person. BJJ training can be used for sport grappling tournaments (gi and no-gi) and mixed martial arts (MMA) competition or self-defense.

So, yea........this is what I enjoying doing, ha! I like to choke people and dislocate joints! LOL! I also train along side my husband who is also my instructor. I have been training for 2 years and he has been training since 2006........he's a purple and I am VERY close to receiving my blue:) I train with a group of awesome guys 4-5 days a week and train with a small group of ladies 2x a week. It's hard to fit it in with being a wife, a mother of 4, work and just day to day things but I make a way. Plus, anything that is worth doing & you enjoy doing is worth making time for. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment