Wednesday, June 19, 2013

One of My Fav Dishes..........

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog!! I wanted to share with you guys one of my easy & quick dishes I love to prepare for a family of 6! Not only is it quick and easy but it is VERY delish too!

As a Mother of 4 very, very picky eaters, at times preparing dinner can be a bit of a struggle. I 2 who don't eat veggies at all and 2 who do. I have one who doesn't eat bread, and one like chicken ONLY in nugget form, lol! Whatever the case may be, you an get an idea of how some of my evening are spent when figuring out "WHAT'S FOR DINNER!" 
But, a year ago I discovered a dish that all my children liked that was quick, easy a good. I also found ways to hide in veggies(puree) but that is another blog for another day:)

This dish is very quick and easy & for me great to prepare on a day that has been filled with work, errands, housework, laundry and everything else I like to pile in on my "to-do" list. Prep time for this dish is about 6 minutes and serves 6 as well!  I am a LOVER of pasta!

what you will need for this delish dish::
  • 2 pounds chicken meat, cut into strip
  • 1 (16 ounce) jar prepared Alfredo sauce
  • 1 can of diced tomato 
  • Italian Dressing Mix

Directions


  1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; cook pasta at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes; drain.
  2.  Sprinkle chicken with Italian dressing mix and garlic powder. You can also season it with something of your choice:)
  3. Pan-fry chicken in a nonstick skillet over medium heat, cooking in batches if necessary, until the juices run clear and chicken meat is no longer pink in the middle, about 10 minutes per batch. Turn chicken pieces over after about 5 minutes of cooking.
  4. Transfer chicken to a serving bowl and toss with cooked pasta. Pour Alfredo sauce over chicken and pasta, mix thoroughly, and serve.
I have learned, with this dish that serving a salad and Garlic bread  tops it off and is a WIN with my family. It brings in the different textures needed and and gives you a hot/cold tone that some may enjoy while eating!

I hope you all have enjoyed this! 

Thanks for reading, 
      -Lenay



No comments:

Post a Comment