Saturday, June 29, 2013

....Summer Fun!



  • Hello my beautiful Readers!!!! It's been awhile since I have blogged, & thought it was about that time......plus I wanted to share with you all what a fantastic summer I have had so far! Here goes!!

    So, shortly after school let out I worried and worried about what I would do as far as work wise during summer break. Because I am a tutor at an outreach organization in my town, my work schedule is identical to that of a school teacher(just with out summer pay, lol!) My biggest concern was being out of work for the whole summer and not being able to have a comfortable summer financial wise. Yes, I can be a bit of a worrier.......ha! I have had my fair share of breakdowns, but because of my relationship with Christ we are able to handle things a lot different now.



    I began to pray and just ask God that his will be done. Whatever He saw fit, let it be.
    I have had friends of mines say, "Girl you better be careful what you ask God for, you may be surprised!" But I am at a point in my walk with Christ to where I know and understand that whatever God has for me is for me & he will NEVER harm me. And no, I will not be surprised......it will be expected. It does tell us in Hebrews 4:16 "Let us then approach God's throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." And so I do just that!! In KJV it says to approach "boldly", meaning: 'not hesitating or fearful; with courage and trust'
    Because God is faithful and just, when I approached him confident yet humble, he had already gone before me and opened doors. I was offered a leadership position at the same place I was a tutor at!!!! GOD IS AMAZING! I couldn't have been more happier and thankful. Not only was it a job opportunity, but it allowed me to stay in contact with all my LH kids, love on more kids, build friendships, meet new people and most of all SHARE THE LOVE OF CHRIST AND HIS AMAZING, SAVING GRACE. I am so blessed to have such an amazing job, a great staff and serve such a great and awesome God! He is just and faithful to his word. I am currently still awaiting another door that will soon be opened as well, and as I wait I will continue to serve God and his children.



    So far we are 3 weeks in and have had 18 young men and women give their hearts to Christ.
    We have been given the opportunity to provide a great positive place for kids, have allowed them to have the best summer ever and just love on them!
     "Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward." -Psalm 127:3

No comments:

Post a Comment