Wednesday, August 28, 2013

JUST USE THE FINE CHINA!

Hello my beautiful readers!!!! I know it has been 3weeks since I have posted a  new blog & I apologize for that. School started back this month (doing a celebratory dance*) and we have been trying to get back on the 'Back to School" schedule. I am also still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that my husband and I have a child in Jr. High!!!! Heeeeee! (sigh*) It's all just going by so fast:) But even with all that I am so thankful and grateful for it all.  Now on to my BlogPost::


After a long talk with a very good friend and co-worker, just about life and what we do with it and how we either live it to the fullest or either complain day in and day out, some how we got on the subject of fine china. Now, if you are a Southern Belle like myself, you know that in the south people take pride in things, ha! In my Grandparents house my grandmother had a Porcelain, white cat that she kept in front of the her television. The cat was in a laying down position so it made it look as if the cat was just.........well just chillin. As creepy as it was to us and even more creepy that the cat had a name............ WE COULD NOT TOUCH that porcelain, white cat!!! Now we never knew the importance of that cat nor what it symbolize or meant to the late Fannie O. Walker, all we needed to know is that it was like family, lol!!! It was one of those 'non-touchables' in her house.
Now in my home it was different. My mother, a home interior decorator at the time, had a love for home decor. I remember she would sell Home Interior (it was the AVON of the 90's), hold H.I. parties, and just have random people show up at the house to place orders. She also had a love for wine glasses and crystal. We had a bar set up in our home with just displays of over 200 pieces of wines glasses and crystals. That wasn't her only collection of extravagant pieces; she also collected ducks......porcelain of course, ha! And she has a China cabinet that held about 20-25 pieces of fine China.


Now, you can imagine the egg-shells my sisters and myself had to walk on, lol! Well, it wasn't that bad but we did have to watch carefully whenever we decided to horse play and have those random pillow fights!

I wrote all that to say this:::: JUST USE THE FiNE CHINA ALREADY!!!! How many of us have those porcelain cats & ducks in our lives? Those things that we dare to let anyone touch or use?
Things that keep us bound up. & Making sure no one unlocks the cabinets and share on the goodness that we keep to ourselves. Some of those things are talents, passions, calling and even at times love. God gave us this life to live. Christ died to give us a life of abundance and fullfillment. That passion, that drive, your talent........it's God given. USE IT! Don't let it waste away, don't let it set up and collect dust. Let people see it and enjoy it! Don't allow time to get away form you, enjoy each moment of each day, take chances, use wise choices. ENJOY LIFE!



No comments:

Post a Comment