Friday, May 3, 2013

Why God tells us to be patient.......HE KEPT US!

Felt so compelled to share with you all on how GOD kept me and my baby boy this morning: I ALWAYS TAKE THE SAME ROUTE TO BRAY'S SCHOOL. WE LEAVE THE HOUSE ABOUT THE SAME TIME EVERY MORNING. WELL, THIS MORNING, WE WERE RUNNING A TAD LATE.

 If you know me, you'd know I'm not good with change and just really don't care too much for surprises. On time and routine has always been my thing. Although patience is a fruit of the spirit and required to have when living a life for Christ, I still struggle with it a lot. Well, this morning God made a believer out of me. While coming down the road, that I take each morning, & as I approached the stop sign, I glanced at my watch only to notice how far "behind" I was running. I eased on to the stop sign, that allows me to cross Cass St.(a very, very busy street) Every moment that i had to dart across there was taken by the unusual heavy traffic there was at 8am in the morning. So I sat at the stop sign mad, upset & very impatient at the slow drivers, the ones not using turn signals, and almost having the right time to go across only to be held up by some one who decides that today, they will do 15mph in the 35mph......& thought to myself "C'MON PEOPLE!! REALLY?' Well, it didn't end there, the traffic was waaaay busier than it had been all school year. It was literally like these cars were coming out of nowhere. When one side of the highway would clear then the other side picked up! I sat, I know every bit of 5 minutes waiting on the traffic. Then all of as sudden it was like there were NO CARS IN SIGHT! WHAT?.......YEA. So I proceeded to on across. Still a little out done with the whole situation, I slowly drove down the road for some odd reason..........WELL WHAT I THOUGHT I WAS AN 'ODD REASON'. Just about a few yards ahead of me there is a 2way stop where I go through and the drivers going West and East(im going north) of me MUST STOP. A few feet before I would have to go pass these stop signs, a dark blue, 2 door Ford Explorer, decided that they would not only be doing at least 40-45mph in a 25, but they would speed up to run through the sign too! This car was going extremely fast! It zoomed through there so quick that other drivers paused and look at the carelessness of this driver. I STOPPED NOT TO LOOK AT THE DRIVER WITH A FACE OF DISGUST AND DISAPPOINTMENT, BUT TO TAKE A MINUTE JUST CRY-OUT THANK YOU GOD. If, I had of been "right on schedule", darted when i wanted to ACROSS THAT HWY, and had NOT those cars came out of nowhere and kept me at the stop sign for 5 minutes My son and myself would have been hit by that driver........and guessing on the speed and the way we would have collided we would have been dead as well. Not a doubt in my mind. God showed me his mercy and sovereignty through this. He showed me that I ask you to be patient in ALL things for your good. He knew exactly what he was doing when I couldn't find the right shirt to wear this morning, he knew exactly what he was doing when Bray wanted to watch a few more seconds Little Bill on tv. he knew exactly what he was doing when he loaded Cass with 20 extra drivers...........HE WAS KEEPING ME SAFE, EVEN IN MY IMPATIENCE!

No comments:

Post a Comment