Wednesday, May 29, 2013

the small stuff will once be a BIG thing......

One day, as I was doing my daily rounds of picking up trucks, dolls, leggos & in my 4 year old's case, a dozen of bowling pins & too many bowling balls (the play-set of course) I found myself getting rather tired of the constant bend-over and placing things back in it's right place! I can't tell you all how many times a day I have to remind my kiddos, "not to leave their toys out and just laying around the house." lol!

We tend to have a a issue with shoes as well! Because my girls are much like their Mommie (ha!) we change out shoes all the time throughout the day. Only difference, I do my changing out in my room and place my shoes in the closet.......them.......not so much!

One day as I was cooking & cleaning in the kitchen, my 7 yr.old decided she would take her shoes off and just leave them sitting in the middle of the floor. I immediately thought to myself, "I will be so glad when I won't have to pick up toys and shoes all day long". Soon after that thought, something said, 'cherish the small stuff  because one day it will be a BIG thing......" 

Sometimes in life, we get so caught up in the things that we dislike the most, we get caught up in the doing and not enough time just taking a breath and thanking God for the small stuff we encounter everyday. The truth is, yes I get get tired, annoyed, frustrated & worn-out of cleaning and repeating myself, but I really wouldn't have it no other way.  There will come a day when all my babies will 'leave the nest' or 'fly the coop' and I honestly will have a hard time dealing with that. My oldest will be graduating high school in 6 years and my youngest will graduate in 14 years........so what I am going to do is ENJOY seeing their small shoes and favorite toys laying around the house. I am going remember their favorite places to hide their toys and tuck their shoes away, I am going to cherish the moments that my children are small because one day they all be all grown up and leaving their shoes laying around their own houses.

No comments:

Post a Comment