Tuesday, February 19, 2013

a 30 day challenge become a lifstyle

A good friend of mines decided to post something on Facebook, and I thought I would share it.

 This is what she said, "Just a thought: Healthy living is not about the latest fad. Find what works for you...do what you love and it won't feel (...so much) like exercise." -Nakeitra Burse



                                 I thought that was the perfect way to start off my next blog so here goes!
So, in the month of January I decided to take on a 30 day challenge. This challenge would allow me to make changes, sacrifice, peel away, test & see if I wanted it bad enough. Needless to say it was NOT an easy ride!!! First, let me tell you the 3 goals I wanted to accomplish. 
  
  1. MAKE HEALTHIER DECISIONS ON WHAT I CONSUMED(physically & spiritually)
  2.  MAINTAIN A HEALTHY WEIGHT & BMI FOR MY BODY TYPE & Health.
  3. MAKE SURE I MADE THIS MORE THAN JUST A GOAL BUT CREATE A LIFESTYLE THAT WORKS FOR ME. 
Part of my challenge involved me making changes in my day to day eating. Not only was I about to get rid of my favorite unhealthy snacks, but I also needed to change the other food/beverages that I consumed that weren't good for me as well. For example certain meats. I've never been a huge fan of meat. Even as a child I would rather eat all the veggies than eat a whole piece of chicken. Pork, however was my favorite. I love a good pork-roast or fried pork chops. However I didn't NEED them to make a meal complete for me. So in the 1st week of my diet I eliminated red-meats from my diet. Red meats are meats such as beef, lamb & pork. I also took out chicken, bacon and all sandwich meats as well. I know a lot of you are probably wondering, "where does she get her protein from?" "Is she a vegeterian?" Well, here are you answers:: 

No, I am not a vegeterian however,  I abstain from eating all meat and animal flesh with the exception of fish. I do get my protien intake from moderate consumption of fish or fish oils, which are high in Omega-3 fatty acids. I would be considered a Pescatarian because I do not eat meat of any kind of mammals with the exception of fish. 
I also wanted to get to a healthy weight and BMI and maintain it, and I have done that! yay me! But this is where it gets a bit tricky, I am the only one in my family of 6 (4children and my husband) that eats this particulair diet. It would be sooooooo easy for me to switch back into my old eating habit BUT I HAVE HELD ON STRONG! I have also made it more than just a 'challenge' it has become a lifestyle. A 30 day challenge have became 50 days in on my new lifestyle. 

I am super excited about this journey and I have seen my body transform over the last 50 days not only with my food intake but with my daily exercise and training Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I have never felt better! Now this is my health journey & this is what works for me. I do understand that this is not for everybody. However FITNESS is.



 
     


No comments:

Post a Comment